Designed to handle up to 160 head, this system is comprised of five holding pens and two alleys, one for loading out and one leading to an S04.
This Bud Box Corral System is designed to handle up to 160 head of cattle and features a two alley system. One is a working alley that leads to an AI/Palpation cage attached to a Model S04 Squeeze Chute, while the second alley is designed to be used as a “load out” alley. Also included are sliding Alley Gates to serve as blocking gates for cattle and “no-back” Alley Stops that can be easily adjusted to prevent cattle from backing out of the alleys. This system is constructed from our number one selling cattle panel, the Premier Panel.|bud box for sale|160 head bud box for sale|bud box near me|purchase bud box near me|cheap bud box online|cheap cattle bud box near me|cattle bud box for sale|buy cattle bud box online|
The attractive and durable Architectural Grade Powder Coat Finish with UV inhibitors will add years of life to your investment by helping your panels resist rust, scratches and fading. The Model S04 Squeeze Chute is Priefert’s number one selling squeeze chute of all time and features the Model 91 Headgate that works in manual or automatic mode.
The concept for the Bud Box corral design was developed by Bud Williams of Bowie, TX as the result of many years of cattle handling experience and the acceptance of two instinctive cattle behaviors: when blocked, cattle want to return to where they came from, and cattle prefer to go around something from which they feel pressure. Mr. William’s accepted methods for Effective Stockmanship in moving cattle have gained notable recognition and widespread acceptance over the last several years. By learning these techniques and learning to “read” cattle to utilize their natural tendencies, livestock producers can save time, labor, and money. Moving cattle through this type of simplistic, economical set of pens can be accomplished with moderate experience and a little practice. Stock owners who use these low stress working environments have seen measurable results for their efforts, including great effectiveness of vaccines and other pharmaceuticals.
In this system, small sets of cattle are moved from one of five holding pens, down a central alley and into the small “Bud Box” that contains the entrances to both alleys. As the cattle enter the “Bud Box,” they move past the alley openings to a “dead end.” When the cattle reach this “dead end,” they will instinctively want to return to their entry point. It’s imperative that the handler close the gate on the Bud Box and open the desired alley gate, before moving past the alley entrance toward the cattle. As the cattle go around the operator, toward the gate they originally entered, they will find the opening to the alley and enter single file. It is important to work the herd in small groups, only bringing in the number of cattle that the alley will hold.
- The BBCS-2 is great for permanent corrals and versatile enough for portable applications.
- This layout works well herds numbering up to 160 head.
- This system is designed as a low stress working environment for cattle and utilizes the Effective Stockmanship principles endorsed by the BQA.
- “Tough Enough for Cattle, Safe Enough for Horses,” this system is constructed from our number one selling cattle panel, the Premier Panel.
- Premier Panels are constructed from our patented Quadraform™ tubing to allow for maximum strength and flexibility. These panels feature single piece drilled stays to provide extra strength and stability, J-legs to increase the ease of portability and prevent sinking into wet or boggy ground and chain connectors to offer increased versatility for connecting panels over uneven ground and allow for easy connection to existing structures.
- With no tools required, the effective height of the “no-back” Alley Stop can be quickly set to prevent the backing of bulls, cows, and calves.
- Alley Frames help maintain the strength and support of the working alley.
- Sliding Alley Gates serve as blocking gates at the entrances of both alleys and at the end of the “load out” alley.
- Architectural Grade Powder Coat Finish with UV inhibitors adds years of life to your investment by helping the panels resist rust, scratches and fading.
- The Model S04 Squeeze Chute features 5 contoured upper access panels and a removable bottom access panel on each side of the chute to provide the operator with full access to both sides of the animal.
- The S04 also features a side exit gate to be used for sorting or as an emergency exit.
- Priefert’s AI/Palpation Cage is designed to provide safe and easy access to the rear of the cow for palpation or artificial insemination. The Palpation Cage doors lock into place in the open or closed position with a sliding latch for maximum safety.
- The S04 Squeeze Chute is designed to be user friendly, all levers and handles are located so that a single individual can operate the headgate, tailgate, squeeze, and side exit from one spot with minimal effort.
- Headgate locks and Side Squeeze locks are GUARANTEED FOR LIFE! This infinite locking system allows a perfect fit for every size animal.
- The Model 91 Headgate operates in manual or automatic catch mode. To set the automatic catch, move the auto-catch lever to activate the spring, and then use the self-catching lever on the front of the headgate to select one of 4 opening widths. The sides of the headgate are contoured to fit securely around the neck of the animal.
- The S04 chute design allows maximum neck access, offering greater convenience for preferred injection sites. There are no “head-banging” handles in the way of the operator! All handles are parallel along the side of the chute or store over the chute and out of the way of the operator.
- The “split tailgate” on the chute features dual controls to allow operation of the tail gate from the front or rear of the chute. The simple pull of a pin disengages half of the tailgate to create a “calf-sized” entry into the chute. Put the pin back in place to resume split tailgate action.
- Working Alley Length: 36’
- Load Out Alley Length: 24’
- Alley Frame Inside Height: 74”
- Panel Height: 64”
- Inside Alley Width: 25”
- Handles approximately 160 head of cattle
- BBCS-2 includes: 7- 12’ x 9’ Premier Free Swing Bow Gates, 46- 12’ Premier Panels, 2- 10’ Premier Panels, 8- Alley Frames, 1- AI/Palpation Cage, 1- Model S04 Squeeze Chute, 2 “no back” Alley Stops, 3- Premier Alley Gates
- Squeeze Chute Infinite Locks are guaranteed for life – Lubricate infinite locks and all moving parts of the chute before each use with a light oil (i.e. WD-40). DO NOT use heavy oil.
- S04 dip painted Priefert Blue
- AI/Palpation Cage feature Priefert Blue Architectural Grade Powder Coat Finish
- All other components feature a Grey Architectural Grade Powder Coat Finish